Studies within the European Union

* Those students who are going to move for studies or trainship must have submitted all the supporting documents at least 1 month before the mobility, otherwise it will be difficult to pay the scholarship and the transfer will not take place.

Erasmus+ Studies : Phase A

IMPORTANT! All documents must be submitted to the HMU International Relations Office by June 30 and at least 1 month before moving to a sealed envelope. In case of a delay, there is a possibility of cancellation.


We would like to inform you that the supporting documents for Erasmus + transfers will be submitted every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 am to 14:00 pm, at the Office of International Relations of HMU in a FORMED folder.
Individual / delayed supporting documents will not be accepted (those who wish to consider joining the vulnerable groups should include in the file the liquidation note – yours & parents’ – of the most recent financial year).

Funding –  Scholarship Erasmus+
Group A Group B Group C
Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden, England Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Macedonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia
520€ / month 470€ / month 420€ / month

1. UNIVERSITY FINDING: Please check here the universities your school (and department) collaborate for student mobility. Pay attention to the foreign university application deadlines.

2. FREEDOM OF ERASMUS LESSONS: You can find the courses taught to Erasmus students on the website of the foreign university. If they do not exist, send them an email.

3. COURSE RESISTANCE: Print the list of courses offered by the foreign university + print the list of courses you owe to HMU. Then, you plan a meeting with the academic head of your department, to inform you which courses will be recognized by HMU, if you pass them in the examination of the foreign university. CAUTION: In order to avoid sanctions, you must declare at least 30ECTS (teaching units) and pass at least 15 ECTS. If you do not take any courses, you will not receive 20% of the scholarship and there is a possibility that you will be asked to return the remaining 80% that you have already received.

4. APPLICATION TO HMU: Enter the website and click on the option “Erasmus” at the top of the page. Immediately after, select “Applications for Course Monitoring” :

a) Fill in the on-line application (right of the screen)

b) Upload the “Detailed Score” (click and it will be automatically uploaded by the Secretariat)

c) Upload a foreign language certificate

d) Upload a resume (If you don’t have one, you can make it here)

Press the “Promote” button. No changes are made to the application after the promotion. And

5. APPLICATION / APPLICATION OF APPLICATION FROM HMU + OLS TEST: After receiving the approval of the application in your email, send an email to vega[at]hmu[dot]gr, to inform you if there are available scholarships and then to do “Nomination” (that is, send an official email to the foreign university, to give you information on how to apply to the foreign university). You will also be sent the OLS TEST (TEST you will receive from the European Union – CAUTION DO NOT LOSE CODES for OLS because you will have to do it again when you return to Greece). – Guidelines for the OLS test

6. LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE: Expect approval from the host university. Approval can come either in the official “Letter of Acceptance” form or by simply sending you an email accepting instructions on what to do next.

7. APPLICATION TO THE FOREIGN UNIVERSITY: Apply according to the instructions given to you by the foreign university.

8. LEARNING AGREEMENT: Fill in the “Learning Agreement” electronically. You, the academic in charge of your department, sign it, and you send it to the host university for them to sign. Instructions for completing it can be found here


10. EUROPEAN INSURANCE CARD: You get it for free from your insurance company (IKA, OAEE, etc). If you are not insured, you can get more information from the HMU office.

11. BANK ACCOUNTING: Photocopy of the 1st page of a bank book (preferably National). You must be the main beneficiary and the IBAN and SWIFT data must be clearly visible.

12. RIGHT TO JUSTICE: Print ALL of the above (4a, 4b, 4c, 4d, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11) and submit them to the International Relations Office of ELMEPA (tel. 2810 379839 or 2810 379389). Individual supporting documents will not be accepted.

13. VISA: Attention! Students without Greek citizenship, you should consult your country’s embassy regarding the need to issue a VISA.

Erasmus+ Studies : Phase B

14. Arrival / Departure: When you arrive at a foreign university, you will visit the International Relations Office and ask them to sign the “Arrival / Departure Form”. Immediately, you will need to send it to so that your payment process can begin.

15. 80% OF OBLIGATION: In about 40 days you will receive 80% of the scholarship.

16. Arrival / DEPARTURE: Before leaving the foreign university, you will visit the International Relations Office and ask them to sign the “Arrival / Departure Form” again.

Caution! Before you leave you should ask them to send your score by email to vega[at]hmu[dot]gr

Erasmus+ Studies : Phase C

IMPORTANT! All supporting documents must be submitted to the International Relations Office of HMU, within 1 month from the date of departure indicated on the form “Arrival / Departure Form. In case of a delay, there is a possibility of cancellation.

17. EU – SURVEY: Fill in the questionnaire you will receive in your email from the European Union.

18. OLS TEST / 2: You will request again to do the 2nd OLS. Print the results.

19. CERTIFICATE OF COURSE RECOGNITION: You will be notified by the secretariat of your school.

20. RIGHT TO JUSTICE: You submit the supporting documents 16, 18, 19, 20 to the International Relations Office of HMU.

21. 20% OF OBLIGATION: In about 40 days you will receive 20% of the scholarship.

Please make sure you read the information below before you move. We are at your disposal for any clarification.

It is the opportunity given to you through the Erasmus + program, to carry out part of your studies, in a Higher Education Institution of Europe, with full academic recognition, to live abroad, to make new friends, to get to know other cultures, customs, and traditions. improve the foreign languages ​​you know or learn new ones. Also, create new perspectives for the continuation of your studies and your professional development. For the period of your studies abroad, you are provided with a monthly scholarship from the European Union through the National Coordinating Body, the State Scholarship Foundation (IKY). The amount of the monthly scholarship varies depending on the destination country and varies from year to year.


The purpose of the program is to contribute to the development of the Community. It aims in particular to strengthen exchanges, cooperation, and mobility between training systems.

Of course, you can if:

  • You are enrolled in at least the 5th formal semester AND
  • You have language proficiency at least at the level required by the Host Foundation AND
  • You have passed 50% of all the courses of the Curriculum of your Department (the above setting does not include the elective courses and the foreign language courses)

Yes, they are recognized. Attention: You must have agreed with the academic officer of your department before leaving, regarding the correspondence of the courses of the host University with the courses of your study program. Also, before you leave you should make sure to renew your enrollment in your school’s secretariat for the new semester.


The Erasmus + Program includes:

Member States of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Germany, Luxembourg, Poland, Hungary, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Republic of Slovakia, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom.
The 3 countries of the European Economic Area EEA: Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein
and the countries under accession: Turkey, Croatia, and Serbia.

Click on one of the icons below to find out about partner universities abroad by the school. Be careful when you find the university you are interested in contact the academic director of your school, to let you know if the cooperation with the foreign university you have chosen is still valid.

The scholarship for each student who travels abroad for studies is calculated based on the cost of living of each country and is determined by the National Unit for Erasmus + (I.K.Y.)

tables go here

* The per capita income, both of the applicants – if they have their own income – and of their parents or guardians or of the spouse or the third natural person, to whom the custody of the applicant has been assigned by a court decision, does not exceed amount of seven thousand and five hundred (7,500) Euros for the most recent tax year. It is noted that in the case of independent tax returns, the calculation of per capita income is made for each submitted tax return (of the applicant / s, parents, spouse, third party / natural persons). The highest per capita income is taken into account. *

For any question, you can contact the Public and International Relations Office of HMU. The contact hours are:

Students of Heraklion & Lassithi: Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00 – 14:00
Students of Chania & Rethymnon: Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 14:00
Students of Sitia: Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 15:00

For studies through Erasmus+, you can move from 3 to 12 months. The transfer can be made in all study cycles, ie whether you are a graduate, postgraduate or doctoral student and lasts a maximum of 12 months, regardless of whether it is a study or practice or a combination thereof.


Pics go here

Therefore, you can make any combination you want from 3 to 12 months, but the total mobility for each student should not exceed 12 months. The same is true for zero grant students (it concerns cases in which students are willing to move even if there are no funds available).

In any case, the movements you are entitled to are as follows:

12 months as undergraduate students AND
12 months as postgraduate students AND
12 months as doctoral students

** Before you decide to study Erasmus abroad you should have informed your parents about the procedure, as the scholarship provided by the Erasmus+ program covers part of your expenses and therefore is not enough to cover all your needs.

** In order to submit the necessary documents to the online system of the HMU International Relations Office, as well as to the secretariat system for obtaining the detailed score and the practice booklet, you must use the personal institutional email access to HMU electronic services.

** You should pay special attention to the accuracy of the information you fill in in the supporting documents, as they will then be used for your financing process. In case of failure due to incorrect data, the responsibility is solely yours.

** Scholarships per country may change, according to European Union guidelines.

** For students belonging to socially vulnerable groups (polytechnics, low income, etc.) are entitled to an increase of 100 euros per month. To see the criteria for joining vulnerable groups, visit the corresponding link at the bottom of the page.

**CAUTION! Returning to HMU, students must have a COMMITTEE Certificate of Attendance for courses corresponding to at least 15 ECTS. If the follow-up is not successful, ie 0 ECTS, 20% will not be paid and there will be a possibility of returning the scholarship.